I’m very excited to receive my first Blog award…. a Liebster Award- I’m thrilled to accept this nomination which was given to me by Dutch Goes The Photo
Please do go check out his great blog to see some beautiful and inspiring photography here
These are the rules for the Award:
- Thank your nominator
- Show the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions asked to you
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 200 followers)
- Notify them
So, Thank you to Dutch Goes the Photo and
Here are my 10 Questions which I have been asked to answer….
- Why did you start blogging?
- How do you feel about being nominated?
- What is your opinion about Blogging101?
- What are your hobbies other than blogging?
- What inspires you the most?
- Is this your first/only blog or do you have other blogs too?
- How would you describe your blog?
- What are the things that annoy you?
- who would you want to be if you were reborn?
- What is the message you want to give to your readers through your blog?
1)I started Blogging last year as a way of tracking my reading and from a desire to share book recommendations with a community of people who care about literacy.
2) I’m very excited to be nominated for the award.
3) I have really enjoyed Blogging101-however I’m very behind in my assignments and now just catching up…
4) My hobbies- Reading (mainly Children’s literature- particularly picture books and middle grade fiction, with some young adult), Looking after my pets(I have a Golden Retriever and a Ragdoll Cat), Volunteering(I’m part of a mentoring Big Sister/Little Sister Charity, and I’ve been a foster Parent), I also love to Travel and Enjoy listening to music and watching my daughter compete in Gymnastics in the region.
5) Inspiration for me- meeting people who have overcome adversity- through my work in foster care I’ve been able to meet some amazing volunteers and also incredible moms and children who have made the best of their difficult situations.
I’m also inspired by the beauty of the nature and amazing architecture of the beautiful country in which I’m happy to live of Singapore.
6) This is my first and only blog
7) Booksmart- is a blog devoted to book lovers- written from a parents perspective- sharing book recommendations and strategies on reading- including musings on life in Singapore
8) Things that annoy me…. bad drivers, selfish people, slow internet service
9) If I was reborn what would I like to be….myself…I’ve loved living my life
10) The message I want to give my readers- Take time to enjoy books and enjoy sharing them with a friend.
The following are my nominees for the award: I do hope you accept:
- Through Salt and Honey
- Pioneering the simple life
- Pages That Rustle
- .Petit Elephant
- Taming the Black Dog
- Crashing Words
- Riya Hearts
- Deep Roots New Wings
- Homestead Down Under
- The Inkwell
Nominees are kindly encouraged to answer the following 10 questions
- What city/town do you currently live in?
- What book are you currently reading?
- Who is your greatest living hero and why?
- How many books do you hope to read this year?
- Where would you like to go on vacation?
- Which is your favorite children’s book character? Why?
- Do you read paper books or e-reader?
- Where do you like to read?
- Please recommend your favorite book you read last year in 2015
- Why should readers follow your blog?
Thanks for following me Readers!